It is important to earn money, rather it is necessary. Nothing in today’s world can work without money. From buying a watch to buying a house, everything needs money. Hence, managing money is of utmost importance. Now, when it comes to managing money and planning for a better future, we all are concerned about our families. Nowadays there are several investment schemes in India, providing the financial stability one is looking for.
Now the first step to a wise investment is understanding your goals and expectations. It is impossible to get the benefits of an investment if you don’t know what you want. All investment types available in the market have different characteristic features as per your requirements and risk tolerance.
Let us see some of the best investment options as per following categories:
- For Salaried Individuals: If you are currently an employee of a company and your monthly income is not sufficient for your future goals and plans here are some of the investment options for you:
- Employee Provident Fund (EPF): This type of investment allows the employee to get benefits of the fund accumulated by his regular contributions and the interest on these EPF funds. It is based on tax-free interest rates and ensures good returns.
- Equity Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS): It is a mutual fund scheme which parks your investment in equity. This type of investment provides tax benefits to the investor.
- National Pension Scheme (NPS): Offers a wide range of investment options and assures a sensible investment as it is monitored by fund managers and regulated by PFRDA.
- Public Provident Funds (PPF): By investing in PPF, investors can take advantage of tax-efficient investment and earn through non-taxable interest.
- Life Insurance: Through this investment, the policyholder gets a sum of money which covers the norms of the plan. This policy also covers funeral expenses.
- For Retirees:If you have spent your entire life earning and wish to make your life after retirement better, here are a few investment schemes with high returns you can plan to invest in:
- Post Office Monthly Income Scheme: This type of investment helps you earn decent capital with interest rates around 8.5%.
- Senior Citizen Saving Scheme( SCSS): If you or your family member is of the age 60 years or above, you can invest by opening a joint account with your spouse and earn through high rates offered.
- Fixed Deposit (FD): Fixed Deposit investment offers high FD interest rates and guaranteed returns. Also, this type of investment is safe and secure as it is closely monitored. However, fixed deposit investment is also a valuable investment for salaried individuals who want an investment with high returns and low risk.
- Investment options for your child’s future: When it comes to investing, thinking about your child’s future is inevitable. Here are a few investment options:
- PPF: It is a 15-year scheme where the interest you earn is tax-free. Through attractive interest rates and certain offers under this investment, you can build your child’s future effectively.
- Sukanya Samriddhi Account: If you have a girl child, this investment option is for you. The earnings on interest rates are tax-free.
- Mutual Funds:This investment type allows you invest in debt mutual funds and equity mutual funds. The benefits are different for different types of mutual funds. However, they are one of the best investment options to invest for your children’s education.
- Fixed Deposit (FD): With high-interest rates up to 8.1% offered by NBFCs, FD investment is the most popular form of investment catering to all the needs of you and your family.
With so many investment options available, it is important to understand your preferences. Be it for you or your family; it goes without saying that think before investing to avoid any complexities and loss of money.