An organization can function smoothly with the help of various managers and supervisors. The role of portfolio manager in the organization is considered to be very important as he helps the company to function properly. Before understanding the roles and responsibilities of the portfolio manager; it is important to know what portfolio is all about. From the business point of view, portfolio is basically a group of projects or programs, or even groups of other portfolios, with their own projects and programs within.
Ron Ozer: The well-known portfolio manager
Mr. Ozer is a well-known portfolio manager who has been associated with Citadel LLC. till April 2017. He says that portfolio management is a vital way to incorporate strategic initiatives and the portfolios in both large and small organizations are managed by the portfolio managers.
Mentioned below are some of the roles and responsibilities of Ron Ozer as a portfolio manager:
- Determines the best investment plan for an individual basis on the person’s income, age and the ability to take risks. As stated by Mr. Ozer rightly that investment is essential for earning individual as this helps him or her during the difficult times.
- Helps the individuals to understand the various investment tools that are available in the market. The portfolio manager makes an individual realize why he or she needs to invest and which plan would be the best.
- Designs customized investment solutions for the clients. The portfolio managers understand that all individuals cannot have the same financial needs and thus, it is essential for the portfolio manager to examine the background of his client.
- The portfolio managers need to stay updated with the latest changes in the financial market as this helps them to suggest the best plan for the client with minimum risk involved and maximum returns. Moreover, the portfolio managers must be transparent with the individuals and should not hide anything from the clients.
- One of the most important responsibilities that a portfolio manager should possess is that he should be a thorough professional and should stay unbiased. He must offer investment solutions for individuals that guarantee maximum benefits and returns within a stipulated time frame. Also, it is the duty of the portfolio manager to suggest the individual where to invest and where not to invest.
Apart from all the above mentioned responsibilities, a portfolio manager should be a good decision maker and should be able to finalize the best financial plan for an individual. Moreover, the manager should communicate with the client on a regular basis and ensure that their hard earned money is put into something that will benefit them in the long run.
Thus, as a portfolio manager Ron Ozer is mainly responsible for managing and creating investment allocations for private clients. In order to help the client achieve investment objectives, Mr. Ozer follows a predetermined strategy for investment. Therefore, it can be concluded by stating tahat the role of portfolio managers in any given organization is very important.