It’s almost time to shake off the winter cobwebs and get ready for summer, and for many UK families, this is the time for a thorough spring clean at home. While this might not be a pleasurable task, if one plans things well and has all the necessary equipment, a two story house can be finished in a weekend, and with that in mind, here are some useful tips to ensure the project goes without a hitch.
- Follow the Laws of Gravity – Ever since Sir Isaac Newton watched that apple fall to the ground, we have known about gravity and its encompassing rules, and when you are looking to spring clean your home, start at the top and work your way down. In every room, the ceiling should be the first place to clean, and whether you are doing that will a soft brush or a feather duster, make sure the furniture is covered.
- Hire a Skip – For what it costs, hiring a skip will ensure that you aren’t left with a huge pile of unwanted items, and let’s face it, we are all guilty of hoarding to some degree. If by any chance, you are looking for waste disposal in Stoke on Trent, there is a very affordable local provider who has a lot of different sized skips for hire, and once the unit is in place, you are ready to go.
- Utilise Outside – Providing you haven’t picked a drizzly day, you can make good use of the garden and surrounding area by relocating removable items from indoors. The garage might provide the ideal space, and anything that doesn’t have a place can be put there for the time being, until it is ready to be stored.
- Be Prepared – Stock up with essentials – which would include brooms, dust pans, garbage bags, cleaning solutions and literally tons of dry cotton rags. Old cotton T shirts are great for this, and these rags can be used for cleaning the window, shelves and window sills. With the skip in place, anything that is no longer required can be thrown away, allowing you space to get on with the job at hand.
- Dustsheets – These are essential, as they will protect the furniture from the falling dust, dirt and grime, and if you are working on one room at a time, 3 or 4 sheets would suffice. Remember to take them outside and give them a thorough shake before using again, as the sheets will soon become thick with dust.
- Enlist the Help of the Family – The kids could be responsible for their own rooms, and if they are too young to be of any help, why not ask the grandarents to spend the day with them at home? This will allow you to focus on the job at hand.
If you plan correctly and have everything you need, a thorough spring clean can be carried out over a single weekend, and by hiring a skip, you can be sure that your waste will be responsible handled.